Best Action Games Plyed..

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
jimmycarry

Best Action Games Plyed..

Post by jimmycarry » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:40 am

Hi. Guy's I'm jimmy carry. I'm new to this forum. I have searched this thread but i couldn't find out it. So Guy's I'm here starting this new thread. Guy's Share with me your favorite action game of all time.....

Digger
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Digger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 pm

This isn't going to be on anyone's list but mine probably...but I still miss the original version of a game called Fighter Ace. WWII flying game where you could fly Soviet, British, German and US planes. The original version had a small arena with the airfields not 2 minutes apart flying time. There were nights where there'd be massive furballs of 40+planes tangling...you didn't know which end was up and got your arse shot from all different directions. Either keep flying or limp back to your airfield to get fixed up and go at it again. Coordinated efforts could bring down the AA and you could keep that country from taking off. Pretty soon those pilots would switch to a different country and do the same to your base while you were away.
For those that the adrenaline got to be too much, you could get up around 45000 feet and do some high altitude boom n zooming or tangle with some Spitfire or BF109B's or K's. That high alt fighting was usually only for the brave though...lots of good pilots cruised around up there picking off the unwary.
Subsequent versions got worse and worse as the airfields got farther and farther away even though they added Japanese planes and updated the graphics. Final straw was flying over an hour just to get in one dogfight...no thanks.
This seems to be the bane of most games...take away what was fun in the original and try to think too hard when making improvements....*ahem ET...

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Quake 2 for me, and now i'm addicted to ETQW.

I'm boring.

But I sure could play my Intellivision and Nintendo for hours.

There was one that was a 360 degree shooter set in a game show. Can't remember the name, but I could play it for hours.

And I was a Galaga junky at the arcade.
That game rolls over to zero when the score hits 1,000,000.
I never did it as a kid, hit 873,000 once, but I did it about a year ago, when I took my kids skating.
My hands were sure tired, but nice bang for the buck.. only a quarter.

I guess that would probably be my favorite game. Galaga.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Sissyboy wrote: There was one that was a 360 degree shooter set in a game show. Can't remember the name, but I could play it for hours.
Smash TV?

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Zeus wrote:
Sissyboy wrote: There was one that was a 360 degree shooter set in a game show. Can't remember the name, but I could play it for hours.
Smash TV?
Bingo!

that game was a blast!
Will Ban for Stroyent.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 pm

"I'd buy that for a dollar" lol

http://www.sydlexia.com/smashtv.htm

showing my age here but...I used to play it at this bar we used to go to for lunch when I was working construction. :doh:

briangriffin

Post by briangriffin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:35 am

I'm an entertainment lover love to play angry birds game online in my free time. Having in my favorite list want to play again and again.

collinwills

Post by collinwills » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 am

King of Fighters Wing is my favorite action game.

Swatt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Swatt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 am

Sissyboy wrote:Quake 2 for me, and now i'm addicted to ETQW.
Right about the time broadband started becoming a reality I got hooked on a variant of Quake2 called Kingpin...was a mobster theme and their take on CTF was the collection of cash and the theft of the other teams cash.

gmuniversary

Post by gmuniversary » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 am

Life, at least once, you forget yourself for someone.For no result, no company, no ownership.Do not even ask you love me, just in my most beautiful years, met you!