Nuclear Dawn, worth the look.

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Nuclear Dawn, worth the look.

Post by dax » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:39 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/27/nuclear-dawn-review/
http://www.gamespot.com/nuclear-dawn/re ... ew-6339919

I know I have recently posted about this game, but I now have over a hundred hours in playtime on it and would really like to see some fellow BBA people at least try it out.

There is a free weekend December 1 to the 5th and if you take the time to learn the objective ( which is really no longer than ET or Quake Wars learning curve was), then i think you will agree this is a great team based objective game along the lines of ET. And like those title, are highly dependant upon the quality of players in the matches, following orders and being tactical plays a huge part in winning a match.

You will see the developers playing quite frequently also, and they have taken a lot of the current communities advice / opionions and have intergrated them into the game. This is a true "clan" based style game with developers that actually play with the community.
I think over a period of time this game will have a large following / community to keep it alive and fresh with new maps/mods/changes for a long time to come.

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:28 am

Looks pretty bad ass. I havent had much time to play anything in quite awhile now :cry: but am going to give this free weekend deal a try. Lets get some other players onto this too and see if maybe we have something to work with.

Its free folks, what do you have to lose. :wtg:

Nice find Dax, thanks.

Caroline20
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Caroline20 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 pm

on the first photo SOldier looks like my Storm Trooper.
Repair the Septimer

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Caroline20 wrote:on the first photo SOldier looks like my Storm Trooper.
LOL.. funny.. the faction is called EMPIRE.....

and they shoot laser beams :)

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:00 am

Doh.... Steam (valve) pushed back the free weekend till the 15th....

http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com/blog/ ... /fortnight

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:22 am

Free weekend started Today, Thursday Dec 15th and runs through Sunday Dec 19th at 1pm.

I know a good deal of the ET Community will appreciate this game. There is so much familiarity with this game if you have already played ET. the main objective is to destroy the enemy bunker, and it requires team play to get the job done.

Try it out BBA members, it's free this weekend to try!

Chow!

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 am

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:22 am Post subject:
Free weekend started Today, Thursday Dec 15th and runs through Sunday Dec 19th at 1pm.
:tired:

I'll give it a shot, try and catch you on steam so make sure your friends list is on. :wtg:

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:56 am

Seriously? Not a single one of you BBA tried this game except Zeus?
This game comes as close to ET as any game i have ever played and has the replayability (probably more so) of ET.

:(

Zeus
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by Zeus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 pm

dax wrote:Seriously? Not a single one of you BBA tried this game except Zeus?
This game comes as close to ET as any game i have ever played and has the replayability (probably more so) of ET.

We played for a few hours lastnight and was ALOT of fun, granted it was a free weekend so tons of noobs like me running around clueless, but could definitely get the feel for the game and its play. Probably a little bit of learning curve especially for commander status but I am staying away from that for now and learning the basics.

Its still on sale for 11.99 for a few more hours and I am positive that the style of play matches ET to the point you guys wouldnt be disappointed. Just purchased it myself and plan to get myself and Dax and anyone else on TS to learn the ropes. :wtg:

mAecrAes
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by mAecrAes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 am

Looks like a cool game, not sure if my graphics card will behave with it or not but I'll try to download it and see how it goes.

Mutt
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Mutt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 am

Zeus wrote:
dax wrote:Seriously? Not a single one of you BBA tried this game except Zeus?

We played for a few hours lastnight and was ALOT of fun, granted it was a free weekend so tons of noobs like me running around clueless, but could definitely get the feel for the game and its play. Probably a little bit of learning curve especially for commander status but I am staying away from that for now and learning the basics.

Its still on sale for 11.99 for a few more hours and I am positive that the style of play matches ET to the point you guys wouldnt be disappointed. Just purchased it myself and plan to get myself and Dax and anyone else on TS to learn the ropes. :wtg:
This, this, this. And yes, within the first half hour my usual tagline came out: "It's all fun and games until Mutt gets a flamethrower."

It's definitely very team/objective based, and very appealing to that same sort of strategic mindset that made ET and ETQW so much fun. In terms of pace, it's a faster paced game similar to ET -- I didn't feel like it took forever to get from spawn to game action like sometimes bogs down ETQW.

In terms of the objectives, it felt more similar to UT2004's most excellent 'Onslaught' style game, where you have to take a series of targets, some are more tactically important than others, and you can sneak around to outflank an opponent. You can play run and shoot, but if you don't work as a team, you'll lose pretty fast.

I had a blast playing this with DAX on Sunday night, and I'm looking forward to wasting more of my vacation time this week playing the game :wtg:

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Still pushing for players to try this game out, its on Steam today at 75% off for a $4.99 price tag.....
or $3.75/per if you buy a 4 pack...........

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

Post by Sissyboy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:52 am

Sorry just caught up on reading the forums.

If it's still on sale, I'll try it out this weekend.
Will Ban for Stroyent.

-sentry-
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by -sentry- » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:37 am

Anyone playing this currently? missed the free weekend, and price is back up to 19.99... worth trying?

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:36 pm

-sentry- wrote:Anyone playing this currently? missed the free weekend, and price is back up to 19.99... worth trying?
I think i am the only BBA member playing this title on a regular basis.... what do i know i guess....

try this link... good for 2 more days or until sale ends..

http://www.indieroyale.com/