*** Fallout 3 ***

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:48 am

^ Is that your roommate? :duh:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Which?

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:51 pm

The ugly orange dude in the room saying it wasn't my fault I think. :chin:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:15 pm

He's saying it was MY fault that I lost two bobbleheads. Yeah, he's my roomie. I told him to wait for me out in the wastelands somewhere and then forgot where I left him. lol Then copped an attitude about having to go backwards to get him back. My Fault.

But something I always forget...Tomorrow Is A New Day! And today, I AM going back for those bobbleheads, and I WILL get the rest of them before I finish! \m/\m/

And then I will use some cheat/crack/tweak/whatever to get unlimited mini-nukes and will run wild nuking everything and everyone in sight. Once I get that out of my system, I look forward to joining my BBA brothers again on the ET battlefield. :)

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:40 pm

And don't forget to get the rent from your roomie, DCH stlye. :wtg:

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:02 pm

my god those Behemoths are large!

Fought one with a Fat Man nuke-launcher I grabbed in GNR Plaza... Bout killed myself with the blast radius on that thing >.<

And I've only found a single bobblehead, where are these little buggers hiding?!

Anyways, I'm off to fetch a dish for Three Dog so I can find where my dad is... Stocked up on ammo and went for an ExpHunt/Exploration/KillingSpree run. Level 7 now, almost to 8.

Fat Man FTW!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah, the Behemoth's are aptly named for sure! :D I killed one with a bottlecap minefield. Him and his big feet. :lol:

The bobbleheads are out in the open, not hiding in buckets or in desk drawers. Usually on a shelf or a flat surface of some kind. And usually deep into a place. Like, if I do what appears to have been needed in a place, I'll not leave until I've turned the entire place upside-down. That's usually when I'll run across one and be thankful I didn't just move on without seeing everything.

I use the local maps to be sure I've highlighted an entire level. If wall is missing, I'll go there and discover a hall I didn't yet go down or room I missed on my way in.

p.s. There maaaaaay be a way to get your Fat Man to lauch EIGHT mini-nukes at once. hehehe
Keep fightin' The Good Fight, Swifty! OOOOOWWWWOOOOOO!! :wtg:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:34 am

Aw, MAN! I just found out I can't get all the bobbleheads. I buried one earlier and can't get back to it.

At least I don't think there's some special "thing" that happens when you put them all on the display. So I'm only missing out on the extra points for that one particular skill.

Of course it was a pretty important one to get. :wtg:

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 am

OhMyHead wrote:Yeah, the Behemoth's are aptly named for sure! :D I killed one with a bottlecap minefield. Him and his big feet. :lol:

The bobbleheads are out in the open, not hiding in buckets or in desk drawers. Usually on a shelf or a flat surface of some kind. And usually deep into a place. Like, if I do what appears to have been needed in a place, I'll not leave until I've turned the entire place upside-down. That's usually when I'll run across one and be thankful I didn't just move on without seeing everything.

I use the local maps to be sure I've highlighted an entire level. If wall is missing, I'll go there and discover a hall I didn't yet go down or room I missed on my way in.

p.s. There maaaaaay be a way to get your Fat Man to lauch EIGHT mini-nukes at once. hehehe
Keep fightin' The Good Fight, Swifty! OOOOOWWWWOOOOOO!! :wtg:
thanks for the tips. I'm like that with all games, though (the explore the entire place before leaving). I guess I'm just not keeping my eyes wide enough open. I did grab the Medicine bobblehead from the vault when I had the chance, so thankfully I don't have to worry about that one!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 am

A lot of words, but nothing SPOILERIFFIC.

Some observations (besides the obvious WTF in regards to the ending):

1) My radio reception stunk even after I did the thing to boost it. The voices were always clear, but the music did not improve. It was stuttery and crackly always. I assume that is a performance issue with my PC. A shame really. I would have liked to listen to more of that music while out galavanting and murdering. "The owls are the hootiest!" Oh, and the music was fine when playing on radios. But my pipboy had a short in it or something. Is that supposed to be like that? If so, it sucks. And why don't games like this and Need For Speed and others provide a way for the player to replace non-gameplay specific songs with our own? Changing up Three-Dog's playlist would have owned. Image

2) IMO, the Yao Guais always presented the most spectacular deaths, especially in V.A.T.S.

3) This one time? At band camp? This Deathclaw, the damned thing scared the shit outta me. So I killed it, grabbed one of its legs, and dragged it aside, exposing his naughty bits...and shot him in the taint with a railway spike. He exploded like WHOA. I don't dig getting mauled, see? Myaaaah.

4) This game needed to get more naughty. To be meeting a bunch of whores with all that money on me and never get the chance to XXXXXXXXXXXX is just wrong. That is one business that would be off the charts in post-apocolyptia. It certainly is in the novel I am writing about post-apocalyptia. But that's for another post, assuming I'll never finish the thing.

5) Note to self: Self? Don't forget to figure out how to get up there for a chin wag (assasination) with whatshisface high atop Megaton.

6) I need a job. And voice work has always interested me. So how about not giving one guy like 47 different characters to play in a single game. That wrinkly old guy was everywhere!

7) Nicest Butt in the Game goes to this one particular nameless lady Megaton settler. I've got screencaps of it. hehe :help:

8) I look forward to finding a way to slay the children of the Capital Wasteland. There were a few nice ones, but for the most part, I wanted to kill them in new and interesting ways. Little invincible brats!

9) With 105 days of sobriety under my belt and plans to follow those with thousands more, I found it disturbing that this game was designed so that alcohol provides the player with strength and charisma. I would think that it would cripple a person to some degree. It sure does that to me. lol Yeah, you get -1 Intelligence on the hooch, but come on.

10) Ok, ten seems enough or I'll be up all ni...oh. I have been up all night. Again. lol Friends, I humbly ask that if another game of such magnificence and wonder and fun comes along again, pleeeeease let us know! I am 2+ years LATE playing and yapping about this thing. Also, thanks for allowing me to do so here. As usual, BBA rules, and that's the bottom line. :salute:

My Good Guy (Kayo) Stats:

Karma: Maxed out at +1000 (to see your current Karma value, go to the console (~) and type player.getav karma)

Quests Completed: 30 - Man, this took me like what, 5 weeks? 6? 8?? I've lost all track of time and space. I haven't drempt about anything real worldly in almost two weeks. 0_0

Locations Discovered: 151 - Not sure of the total of locations there are, but 151 was plenty for one game!

People Killed: 537 - Sorry!

Creatures Killed: 1501 - Not Sorry!

Locks Picked: 266 - I'd rather know how many bobby pins I broke.

Computers Hacked: 88 - 1001010010110!

Stimpaks Taken: 641 - Hey, I like to stay fit. Electronically.

Rad-X Taken: 48 - Hey, I'd like to have kids some day!

RadAway Taken: 97 - That's the stuff right there.

Chems Taken: 105 - Please don't tell my probation officer.

Times Addicted: 13 - Please don't tell my sponsor.

Mines Disarmed: 100 - "Mines cleared!"

Speech Successes: 26 - Do you understand the words that are comin' outta my mouth?

Pockets Picked: 1 - I can't remember whose pocket I picked. :lol:

Pants Exploded: 0 - I guess they aren't counting MY pants. I exploded in them like a hundred times this game was so awesome.

Books Read: 153 - Moran? What is a ass-mastuh?

Bobbleheads Collected: 18 - Missed two! :wall:

Weapons Created: 47 - The Rock-It Launcher was the first. And the first to get tossed aside as clumsy and useless.

People Mezzed: 3 - Sorry! In my defense, I saved one of you later.

Captives Rescued: 6 - Iguana on a stick? Gee, thanks. Ungrateful scum.

Sandman Kills: 0 - Didn't get that perk as a good guy. Looking forward to being eeeeeee-ville.

Paralyzing Punches: 0 - Hand-to-hand combat? With all these guns? As an ET Veteran, I just couldn't fathom it.

Robots Disabled: 0 Pfffft. I blew up hundreds of them! WHERE'S MY ROBOT DESTRUCTION COUNT???

Contracts Completed: 0 - Only came across one "contract" thing, wasn't interested.

Corpses Eaten: 0 - Two cannibals are sitting at a table, eating a clown, and one cannibal says to the other, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Mysterious Stranger Visits: 73 - Bogie is DEADLY!

A special thanks to Fawkes. We hit some rough patches, but you were invaluable to me, brother. And good for several laughs. :D Now take a shower already before I kill myself.

I hope this post didn't spoil anything for anyone. I just wanted to put it up as a comparison for others when they finish. I'll be revisiting this thread with more pics and tales as I replay it as the biggest a-hole the Capital Wasteland has ever seen.

:demon:

I loved the artwork in this game. I grabbed this and did some wallpaperin' with it. I leave it here for anyone else who would likey. :salute:

1280 x 800

1024 x 768

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

If interested, I'd recommend Bethseda's other masterpiece, Morrowind, or the slightly-less, but still masterful Oblivion. Plus I know for a fact in Morrowind fixes that #4 on your list >.>. Nudity too. Decapitate people with the right blood and gore mod...

The bad thing with morrowind is that it's not sold in stores most places, since it came out almost a decade ago. Still amazing.

here's a quick (but laggy, my comp can't handle anything close to the best available GFX, so this is the best I could do) video of morrowind's starting town with my mods and graphic replacers:

On a next-gen gfx-handling computer, this would run smoothly, i swear. Read the description for the max available settings and what I'm using. It could put fallout's gfx to shame. 8000+ texture resolutions and stuff.

It's a really fun game, and arguably one of the best RPGs ever created.

Chairman Mao can back up this claim I hope :help:

Also, I heres a video of in-game gameplay made by a friend of mine, nice example of the game:

PS. yes that is a guy falling from the sky to his death half way through the video >.>

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Nice graphics, yes. But there's no way I could go from post-apocalyptia to enchanted forests, flame throwers and nuke launchers to bow and arrow. No way. lol

And your friend's video is a hoot! :wtg:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:20 pm

I popped back onto BBA1 for the first time in over a month and discovered that my MOUSE1 button is so effed now, I can't possibly be of any assistance whatsoever in ET. If I touch the button lightly, it works fine. If I apply any pressure, it stutters or doesn't work at all. And when I'm trying to mow someone down on the battlefield, I DO apply pressure on that fire button!

So I'm back in the Capital Wasteland, only this time, I'm not looking to make friends and build karma. I am horrifically slaying just about EVERYONE.
:demon:

But knowing how the game is played and what the possible outcomes are, I know that by killing everyone that I want, I am making my own life more difficult.

The most disturbing thing about being so evil is...it actually bothers me. Like for real bothers me. Being a jerk and slaying the innocent ain't fun at all. I guess I can remove the word "sociopath" from my resume, huh.

KrispyKritter
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by KrispyKritter » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm

OhMyHead wrote: My radio reception stunk even after I did the thing to boost it. The voices were always clear, but the music did not improve. It was stuttery and crackly always. I assume that is a performance issue with my PC.
Was it a communications radio? Realistically, comms radios are optimized for voices to reduce bandwidth and promote voice-clarity during poor reception.
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
Image(pcB)

dax
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by dax » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm

I plan on loading up a new game soon too.. just waiting for Swifty to finish it so i don't ruin his progress or anything....

I gotta get me Downloadable Content! .. new quests and such.....

Couple of them look pretty decent....

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

DAX