*** Fallout 3 ***

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:31 pm

made my first bottlecap mine last night, went to arefu to deliver the letter to the Wests, and currently looking for "the Family". Oh, and took out 3 super mutants with a baseball bat. Now I have a minigun :wtg:

Level 4 now, half way to 5.

I lied about going to minefield, that's just too far and too annoying for me.

Currently located in Grayditch, running from flamethrowing ants.

This game owns, :wtg:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I've completed 23 quests at this point, with who knows how many more to go! One thing's for sure, now every one of my dreams takes place in the Capital Wastelands.

And you should go to Minefield. It's good training. Not to mention it couldn't hurt to maybe have a mine or two in your own inventory. ;)

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:25 am

Oh, and a tip, in case you hadn't already thought of it:

Use the F key to pull down wooden crates off of shelves. Sometimes there are goodies in them. Like I just looked into a wooden crate on a floor and saw a box of detergent laying flat. I picked it out with the F key (not E because I didn't want to keep it) and under it were two stimpaks. :wtg:

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:07 am

OhMyHead wrote:Oh, and a tip, in case you hadn't already thought of it:

Use the F key to pull down wooden crates off of shelves. Sometimes there are goodies in them. Like I just looked into a wooden crate on a floor and saw a box of detergent laying flat. I picked it out with the F key (not E because I didn't want to keep it) and under it were two stimpaks. :wtg:
I was wondering what the key was to move things around... my config has f as the toggle view button, though - I'll have to figure out what key is the one you are referring to.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:17 am

If you go to settings, it's the last thing on the list. GRAB. Mine's F and my view thing is Z. I've been moving barrels aside and finding all sorts of booty hiding behind them. And it's kinda fun to pick up skeletons and fling them against walls or put them in bathtubs.

My GAWD I've been playing for 14 hours straight. :lol:

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 am

OhMyHead wrote:If you go to settings, it's the last thing on the list. GRAB. Mine's F and my view thing is Z. I've been moving barrels aside and finding all sorts of booty hiding behind them. And it's kinda fun to pick up skeletons and fling them against walls or put them in bathtubs.

My GAWD I've been playing for 14 hours straight. :lol:
that actually sounds like a nice key setup right there, I think I'm going to have to copy you :P

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Oooooops! On occasion, someone in the game seriously annoys me, so I F5 (quicksave) and blow that person or persons away with great vengeance and furious anger! Then I go back and do the right thing for good Karma's sake.

Well, I must have slipped up because my last visit to some good guys (who give me money for my travels) were no longer friendly. I walked in the door and they opened fire! MAN they were pissed! :lol: So I had to slay them all since I had no idea how far back I'd have to go to undo what I did.

Excuse me while I take an irradiated dump and think hard about what I've done.

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:30 pm

OhMyHead wrote: Excuse me while I take an irradiated dump and think hard about what I've done.

Self Administered time out. :yeah: Have you learned your lesson young man? :club:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes I have. No killing good guys on purpose!

But MAN this one female, Machete, is suuuuuch a BEACH! I want to put the Ripper right to her forehead and carve her like a banquet chef on a slab of roast beef.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:28 am

A-HA! I found out why a certain group of good guys turned on me. It was the company I am now keeping. I found a companion that does need constant attention and is packing some serious heat. \m/ But some folks don't like him one BIT. D'oh! I hesitate to say more so as not to spoil anything for Swift and anyone else currently playing Fallout 3.

But if you get stuck, or don't mind cheating a bit, or even if you've played already and want to see what you missed, go to this amazing website.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

Just punch in whatever place, person, or thing in the search window and all will be revealed. But be careful! Spoilers galore there as well.

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:51 pm

you mean the super mutant guy? (saw from DAX"s save game when i meant to load my last save)

Oh and look what I recently found browsing the many places I go:

(let me know if the post is too big, ill turn them into links)

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:07 pm

No way, those are great!!! :lol: Mmmmmm, irradiated beverageeeeesssss.

Yeah, my companion is a super mutant. I've had quite a good time hanging out with him. I'm gonna take him into the final battle this weekend if they'll let me. Seems I did something just right, he's nigh invincible. Kinda like The Tick.

Spooooooooon!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:44 am

Damn! :wall: :wall: :wall:

I learned a valuable lesson about quicksave vs save. All sleep-deprived and loopy, I left my companion out there somewhere, standing near my Vengeance, Railway Rifle, and 33 frag grenades while I ran off to collect stuff for a while.

I can't recall where I left them. And my last actual SAVE is like waaaaaay too far back to go through everything I've been through since. :(

I can't believe I am upset about such a trivial thing. But I am. !@#$%^&!!!!

Maybe there's some kind of console command that could show a log of every move I've made, at least recently. That might give me an idea at least what area to look in.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:29 am

Screw it, I'm going back. I'll never find him out there. Two days wasted.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:28 am

It occurred to me that going back as far as I did to get my partner in arms back, I might have undone some bobblehead action. And I was right.

Yep, two I had found were now back where I found them.

And I'm not about to go through all that to get them back again. Plus I undid about 7 unmarked quests I went on, putting off finishing the thing.

Yep, between this and my inability to be invited into a fort while losing my kickass companion proved to be it for me. Tomorrow, I'm gonna finish the game.

Meanwhile, here's some fun screenies I grabbed while playing...

Hey, guys. How sure are you that your wives and/or girlfriends don't stand there, watching you sleep, with a large knife in their hands?

And guys, think twice before getting your lady a toaster for her birthday or this could be you, especially if she's already into the sleep-watching with a knife thing. :lol: