*** Fallout 3 ***

Any other games, PC, Xbox, PS2, Whatever.
OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:35 pm

AH!! I forgot to come here and tell y'all that I found the cure for the crappy music play on the PipBoy! It took DAYS of searching various boards, I tr4ied a few suggested fixes, none worked, and one even made it worse. I found the answer at Yahoo Answers.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/maddxshow/

I installed this and it instantly fixed the issue. And after I replaced Three Dog's playlist with my own, it's like a whole new game. \m/

Yeah, I've been eyeing the DLC. That Mothership one just got released. I just love the slo-mo VATS gory deaths. That will NEVER get old. And as long as he bodies explode in a bloody waterfall of gore out in space, I'm all for getting the Mothership DLC!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:33 am

Ok, I've now got the 5 DLCs (Point Lookout, Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, and Mothership Zeta). Not sure what to do next, start a new game? I gave up being all evil, might as well, right? Or should I go back to the end of my previous game before I ended it?

Also, before I get started checking out the new content, I am looking around at fallout3nexus.com and the volume of MODs for this game is staggering. They gots naked ladies, too!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:32 am

MODS.

I should have known. My installation of them wasn't the easiest thing ever. Everything seemed to be going great. New weapons and ammo, armor and outfits and textures were all looking pretty sweet. Then I was inches away from leveling up to Level 3 and the freezing started.

I unloaded all the mods, and even the DLCs, and it still crashed all over the place. So I'm uninstalling and re-installing. This time I'll be CAREFUL enhancing this beast. I'll add the DLC's ONLY. Then if I can make it to Level 3 without a hitch, I'll start pimping out this ride.

I especially want to use this hot blond Kelsey as a companion. There's even a mod to make the mothership look more metallic and make the aliens' blood vessels pulsate. :lol:

AH! I just read that playing the game in the default location (C:\Program Files\Bethesda\Fallout 3) while running Vista will cause problems when adding all this MOD stuff. C:\Fallout 3 it is!

whacknut

Post by whacknut » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:27 pm

just to let you know when fallout 3 first came out it had lots and lots of freezing problems. The one that kept freezing me out was cause i had the klite codec pack installed on my computer something about the drivers caused fallout to lockup, so be careful about installing any new codecs for other programs as well cause its a finicky program, (just so you know the codec problems tended to occur mostly after you got outside the vault as it tried to render the landscape as you went from area to area as well as when you tried to use vats) I think one of the updates fixed this but if your using a mod based on an older code it might still be affected.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks, whacknut. I do indeed have k-lite installed. But the only codec prob I was having was with the mp3's playing on the PipBoy. Fixed that one. I am now running around blasting folks to the sweet sounds of Lamb of God, Dethklok, Slayer, h.e.d.(pe), Eths, and a dozen more!

swiftdeathsk
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by swiftdeathsk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 am

Another problem you might have is with invalidated saved games. This happens when you load a mod on a loaded save game, and it edits something that doesn't agree with what you already have. This is a big issue with Morrowind Mod installations, so if you try to load a mod on a saved game, it could crash and give you an error message. The fix is to simply unload the mod when you start the game back up.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 pm

I wiped all saved games and started over. This game informs you that if you start a saved game with a new mod, some items may not be available. So I scrubbed it all.

I'm on a spaceship now! Wheeee!

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm

1. The process of hacking computers is totally flawed in this game, unless I am not understanding it correctly. Just now, I was hacking the mainframe in RobCo and I clicked on "SNAKELIKE". The computer said I got 1 of 9 correct. Turns out, the correct word to gain access was "SOUTHEAST". I'm no math whiz, but I'm pretty sure there is more than one letter from SNAKELIKE in SOUTHEAST. What the hell?

2. Speaking of RobCo, it seems something has swept through there and destroyed every roaming bot in the place already. :duh: Wasn't me! And has anyone used a bot as a companion?

3. I just finished Operation Anchorage. Only mildly fun, and it lagged my computer to DEATH. I'm glad it wasn't HUGE.

4. On this, my third run at Fallout 3 (I abandoned the evil run, it just wasn't fun), I have re-acquired Dogmeat, but I renamed him...Meatwad. At the next free silly moment I have, I will provide a shot or two of Meatwad and I in action.

5. Last night I grabbed some headgear that claimed to have "enhanced vision" in favor of my esthetically pleasing Talon Helmet with FaceMask. ParisHiltonVision is NOT enhanced. Turning everything a bright green is NOT enhanced. If items to grab and/or enemies were highlighted in brighter green, THAT would be enhanced. I am now out looking for Talons to fight so I can get my good headgear back. :lol:

How are dax and swift and anyone else playing doing out there?
Last edited by OhMyHead on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

whacknut

Post by whacknut » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 am

as i understand it the letter has to be in the correct order as well so only the s is in the same spot in both words. personally i just randomly hit 3 words if i dont get it i log out log in randamly hit 3 and so on till i get it lol.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:08 am

Ah! I've been doing F5, blowing it, then F9 to try again. Logging out and back in resets? Sweet. And thanks for the hint about the order. I guess I didn't understand it correctly.

I have a theory about the busted robots at RobCo. The molerats did it. :D The Animal Friend perk is pretty sweet. Cuts down on some of the gun action, but it's kinda cute to crest a hill and find a couple of molerats standing up on their hind legs and giving me a sniff as I walk by. :lol: I guess maybe the robots saw them as enemies as soon as they became my friends and attacked them, losing. Badly. Lame robots.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 am

Hmmmm. Ever since I installed all the DLCs, the level of enemy aggression is much lower than the first time I played. I'm on level 17 and most of the Raiders are shooting at me with pistols still. I hope it picks up. My max level is now 30, but it's still kinda easy. Settings are at Normal as before. Hell, before, I couldn't leave a single train station without getting jumped by Talon Mercs AND Mutants.

And my Pip-boy light no longer works since I put on the enhanced vision helmet. Even when I take it off, the light goes on when you look via 3rd person, but first person, there's no light.

AH! I restarted the game and the light is working right again. Buggy POS. That I love. So so much. Why, it's so awesome, I can play it without a problem with my busted trackball with the hosed fire button that won't allow me to play ET.

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:04 pm

The silly moment I mentioned earlier has arrived. Photos from the waste!

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:07 pm

is meatwad really part of the game? :huh:

OhMyHead
Retired Clan Member
Retired Clan Member

Post by OhMyHead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:05 am

No, that's just what I call Dogmeat the dog (who I cropped out of that picture. But I WISH Meatwad was part of the game. That would be awesome!

dickcheneyhunting
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

Post by dickcheneyhunting » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 am

I don't know about that after a while he might be annoying and knowing you you blast with the first weapon you could find. :lol: